About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Saturday 24 February 2018

Things you say in a typical day!!


Things you say in a typical day!!

 

Now as you know I am the Mum of two small boys and one day last week I was having a particularly stressful day and I heard myself come out with some classic things. Things that if someone recorded you without seeing the situation they would probably refer you to some sort of clinic!!

 

However I can’t be alone in some of the things I say. Some of the sayings, I am actually worried that I am turning into my Mum. Sorry Mum!! For example, Sam  said a naughty word and I heard myself actually say “I should wash your mouth out with soap and water” Believe me, I would never actually do this but it was something my Mum used to say and it just came out!!

 

I am thirsty seven, and been a Mum for nearly five years surely I could have come out with something better than that!!

 

Other things said throughout the day included:

 

Whilst trying to convince Oliver to eat “choo choo here comes the train into the tunnel” He didn’t fall for it L

 

Also whilst stressing about Oliver not eating “Please eat something, you cannot live on fresh air alone”

 

Whilst I am in the toilet “No I won’t hold your breadsticks whilst I am trying to go to the loo!”

 

Whilst trying to calm Oliver down “Please don’t throw a wobbly just because I won’t let you walk in the middle of the road” Yes full on melt down. What a mean Mummy I am!!! Lol

 

When I tipped Oliver’s nappy contents down the toilet “bye bye poo” Apparently it shows that it’s ok for poo to disappear. Oh gosh! Shoot me now!! Lol

 

Other ones were saved for the bath, “please stop playing with your willy”, “Take your willy out of the bottle” and “please just give me five minutes to breathe”

 

So, please I am basically after some reassurance that I am not alone and I will not be carted off somewhere. So what random things have you said to your child today? Have you said something that remind you of your Mum/Dad/Gran etc?

 

Or am I just a loon?

 

#themummymonster #imturningintomymum #random #words #sayings #wishhewouldeat #amialone #amialoon

Butter wouldn't melt!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha I always come out with things that my mum used to say to us as kids. I think it’s inevitable unfortunately so no you’re definitely not alone x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew!! For a while I thought it was another thing that I was deemed odd for!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...