About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Monday 31 August 2020

The Extreme Stunt Show

 

Extreme Stunt Show

 




So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known in our house, so instead we decided to have a staycation and explore our wonderful county of Devon.

 

We decided to book a few things to do in advance so we could entertain our train and anything that moves loving boys.

 

One of the events was to attend the Extreme Stunt Show at Oaklands Riding School on the Ide Roundabout at Exeter. I was lucky enough to find a deal on Wowcher which made all the tickets £10 each.

 

The stunt show promised BMX bikes, motorbikes, and cars on two wheels, men on fire and my boy’s absolute favourite’s monster trucks and wow did it deliver.

 

The show started with a motor bike riding through a wall that had been set on fire – my boys faces were an absolute picture. They couldn’t believe what they had seen; we even had to reassure Oliver that the man was actually ok.

 

Next up was a man told on a very tall stool and a car that drove at him but he managed to jump over the car. Proper heart thumping stuff, I may have even closed my eyes when the car actually hit the stool!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 








More stunt driving by what turned out to be a seventeen year old, driving on two wheels and then Ali and I did have a chuckle when one of the vehicles simply fell over. Thankfully no one was hurt and with a bit of pushing from the marshals the vehicle was back on all four wheels and heading off again around the ring.

 

          

 

Next up were the BMX riders and their ramps and jumps were impressive. Sam really enjoyed it and decided he was going to give ramps ago next time he was up at the skate park on his bike.

 






 

 

More motorbike stunts and then a man on fire.....by now the heart is really going.

 

 
 
 
 

More motorbike stunts, ending with one doing a back flip over a ramp.

 

 

Then to the finale, the bit that the boys and secretly me too, had been waiting for, the epic in size, power and noise, MONSTER TRUCKS. I mean these things are just simply awesome! The commentator said that they used 10 litres per minute, that’s just crazy (and expensive).

 



The show has two monster trucks, one red and the other red and white. Even just going around the ring, these machines amaze me but when they start jumping over cars, I love it!!

 

They both did a jump each and it was a real shame that when the red truck jumped it burst a tyre on impact with one of the cars. It looked great but I am sure it would be rather costly and not something your local garage could sort for you.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Overall, it was a heart thumping hour and it was easy to socially distance with the way the barriers set up.

My only downside to it was the speakers, they were simply too loud. It didn’t help that we were right beside one. They did cut out during the show and it was a real relief when they went off.

If your child is sensitive to noise, take ear protectors especially for the monster trucks.

 

I think we would return again when the show comes back to Exeter as the boys and I loved it. Thanks Extreme Stunt Show.

 

Disclosure: I paid for my own tickets to watch the show and the thoughts and opinions are all my own.

 For more information please visit: https://www.facebook.com/Extreme-Stunt-Show-169363889774882

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...