About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Thursday 12 March 2020

Space, Light and Sound Show - Exeter Cathedral


Space, Light and Sound Show - Exeter Cathedral
After a recommendation from Blogger -  Exploring Exeter https://www.facebook.com/exploringexeter I decided to book my family to see the Space Light and Sound Show that was produced and made by Luxmuralis at Exeter Cathedral.

I was a bit worried that the earliest time slot that I could book was 8.15pm on a Saturday. Bearing my boys are three and six years old, I was concerned that they would be shattered and wouldnt appreicate it.

It turned out that actually I didnt need to worry, the evening stimulated the senses and that made sure everyone was awake but in a strange and calming way. It was spectular but in a way a little odd, like you were having the best drug filled dream ever!!

We handed in our tickets and waited in the queues, there was plenty of staff around and the queues were well organised. I am so pleased that the rain had held off as we were waiting outside for about 20/30mins in preparation to go in.


The lights on the outside of the cathedral gave away slight hints of what was to happen inside. Ali and I were excited, possibly more than the boys this time!!

Finally our time slot arrived and we headed into the cathedral. I was worried it was going to feel quite creepy in the dark but strangley it didnt, it felt calm and peaceful.

We were first met by a screen which talked about the idea of space and how it impacts on our world.

Following the screen, we headed over to the catherdral clock. The clock is famous for being written about in the nursery rhyme Hickory Dickory Dock. My boys loved this and we sang it whilst watching the first light show.

https://youtu.be/oS7Nb6lnmxc 

The lights were so big and looked like the inside of the clock. The show went up the wall and even onto the ceiling, which isnt easy in a massive cathedral!

We headed into the next section. We stood at the front of the crowd but actually realised that if we moved back you actually got a better view.

We even had a bit of fun when we found some of the lights! :) Rarrrrah!!




 Every turn that you made, there was a different light show. It was sometimes a little overwhelming.

Although there were opportunities to walk away at some points. Sam found a quiet place to reflect on mental health. The children were asked to choose a rock from a basket and place it on the cairn and remove a burden from someone. We also took time to light a candle and think about who we were missing.

We then headed back to the lights. 










People are encouraged to take their time as they walk around the show, my boys took inspiration from other people and started to lay on the floor to appreciate it and chill out. Bob nearly fell asleep at one point. :)



The final show showed pictures of how humans used science to get into space. The boys didnt understand it but Ali was fascinated by the end show, and what a way to end it!




Overall, it was the most fantastic, weird, and unique experience that I would love to do again!!

Huge congratulations to Luxmuralis and Exeter Cathedral for an amazing show.


The thoughts on this review are all my own and I paid for my own tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...