About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Tuesday 28 January 2020

Food in cinemas





How do you feel about people eating in cinemas?

Now I am a big popcorn lover and nearly always have popcorn whilst watching a movie and that doesn’t matter whether it is at home or the cinema whereas Ali prefers sweets, but is it acceptable to eat them when surrounded by other people in close proximity?

Plus I still remember as a child wearing a big coat and stuffing my pockets and hiding my sweets and drinks, hoping that no-one would frisk me!! lol

Why I ask is last night I finally got around to going to our local cinema and watching Little Women. The film was brilliant and my Mum and I really enjoyed it however I could have done with the rest of the cinema goers to naff off with all their various food stuffs.

It started with the lady behind me peeling an orange and spraying the juice on to my neck! Not the worst smell in the world but not nice. She then proceeded, throughout the film, to eat a packed lunch full of food with lids being opened, various smells and she finished with a tub of Pringles which she crunched her way through.

The lady next to her had a bag of sweets which obviously had wrappers on them; she seemed to eat the whole bag of them too, as she dived in every couple of minutes, but to top it off, someone then opened something which smelt of fish!!!!!
 
I mean, seriously?? Fish?? Yuck!!!


It was a 7.45pm start for the film so it wasn’t a tea time film either and the cinema stank by the end.

So are some foods acceptable and others not or should food and drink be banned altogether?

I would be interested to hear your thoughts……

#themummymonster #cinema #foodyayornay #smellyfood


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...