About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Friday 21 September 2018

Long Term Feuds




I fell out with one of my teenage best friend years ago and I still, to this day, hold a grudge, however I suspect she doesn’t even know about it or care!! So why do I?

I grew up in a fairly small village where you only mixed with other people from the village, none of us were old enough to drive, the bus would arrive once a day but not always come back so we were stuck. We all went to school together and all spent our spare time together.

As a teenager, my parents were really aware of how bored we were in the village so they set up a scout group for us and we all loved it. It gave us experiences and memories that we would have never not got anywhere else, but to offer us this group it took my parents time. They devoted time to us, they would pick us all up and take us off to do things like den building, archery and shooting amongst a whole load of other things.

So when one of my best friends, slagged off and was really rude about my parents, I instantly took it to heart. I couldn’t forgive her. At the time, it broke my heart and I actually cut her from my life. I felt I didn’t need that. My parents had done everything for me and my brother and the fact they weren’t appreciated for their efforts was devastating.  

She often tried to make contact when our lives would cross but I kept myself away her. I didn’t need her; however she always smiled and waved and made an effort.

Over the years, my life moved on and I moved out of the village, I grew up but whenever I see her I remember that I can’t forgive her, however I can’t actually remember what was said!! Lol It is ridiculous!! Why can I not get over it?

I recently mentioned it to some friends whilst out for a few drinks and they laughed at me and I felt even more ridiculous but I thought about it when I got home and I still don’t think I can get over it, I just can’t forgive her.

Surely I can’t be the only one who has held a long term grudge and still can’t actually remember what was said!!

#grumpy #unforgiven #feud #themummymonster #blogger

3 comments:

  1. Do you still see her? I didn’t fall out with my friends (no arguments) but they pretty much all ditched me when I had my son at 18. I now see one of them quite regularly and I spoke to her for her to say that she didn’t realise I’d had a child back then. It soon became apparent that if we were to meet now that we wouldn’t be friends. We kind of acknowledge each other from afar but that’s as far as it will go. No grudges. Hope you figure it out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really hold grudges, i find it takes too much effort lol! Do you think you may be holding on to the grudge as you haven't had closure? Would it be worth meeting this old friend and telling her why it made you so angry? I am sure you had good memories with this person too. You never know you may be still good friends if the grudge was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a shame and a really difficult thing to experience. I can hold grudges sometimes too but I dont think it's good for us and really we are the only ones that suffer for it! Hope you learn to let go of it soon.

    ReplyDelete

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...