About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Saturday 23 June 2018

Glamping at Andrewshayes Campsite, Dalwood.

I cant believe that tbis was a year ago!! It was something i had always wanted to do and we were finally able to try it with Andrewshayes.

There is also a competition running on the Andrewshayes website so its worth checking it out.
http://www.andrewshayes.co.uk/new

Please check out my review from last year below:

Glamping at Andrewshayes, Dalwood, East Devon


Earlier this week we were lucky enough to be invited to Andrewshayes Campsite in Dalwood, East Devon to try out their new Glamping pods.
Now as a child I have fond memories of camping and I have been desperate to take the boys, however Ali has never been so keen. At 6ft2” he has never been comfortable in tent, especially when he knows there is often a hotel around the corner so glamping seemed like the perfect comprise.
So, on Tuesday after school and work, we packed the car and excitedly headed up to East Devon.
We arrived at the campsite and headed to the reception but unfortunately it was closed and we were signposted to the warden on duty. The warden was easy to find, he gave us the key and explained that due to it being low season the bar and restaurant would not be open but there were other local pubs serving food.
We headed around the campsite and easily found the toilet block before we glimpsed our home for the evening. Pod G19.
The pods face away from the road for privacy and to take in the view of the field of cows, which both my boys were fascinated with!!
The car was parked on a hard-standing right behind the pod and a green hard path led to the front decking where a picnic bench is located and a viewing panel into the field.
With excitement, we opened the door and were hit with the beautiful smell of fresh cut wood. The pod felt warm and looked cosy. Just inside the door there as a small table and some bench seats covered in cushions. One of the seats lifted and allowed bags to be hidden away safely.
Through the archway, there was a raised double bed with a stool and underneath two single beds on wooden frames which could be moved. The boys were keen to explore the raised bed as they could look out the window as Ali and I unpacked the car.
We quickly made the beds with our own bedding whilst the boys explored the lower single beds. Ali was able to move the beds around and we could fit a Mothercare basic travel cot into the end of the room for Oliver.
The pod was equipped with a kettle, a heater, a fire blanket, wood burner and dust pan and brush. The dust pan and brush were the only items we used. The grass on the campsite had recently been cut and due to the rain, it stuck to all our shoes and so in turn it came into the pod.
The pod really could have done with a mat to reduce the amount coming in or somewhere dry to leave your shoes outside.
The boys loved exploring the different beds. They were able to hide underneath the raised bed and climb up and look out the window.
Once set up, we headed up to the toilet block. The toilets, showers and cubicles were exceptionally clean. I was also really pleased to see two family rooms. These rooms consisted of a toilet, a changing table, a large sink big enough to wash a baby in and a shower.
We headed out for tea. Unfortunately, the pub in Dalwod did not open until later in the evening so we decided to try the New Inn in Kilmington. The food was lovely, (I recommend the Prawns) and the staff were brilliant, friendly, especially with the children.
We headed back to the pod and took the boys to the family room to get showered. The boys again thought it was brilliant to walk across the campsite in their pyjamas and a jumper. Something I have fond memories of as a child! It’s strange what sticks in your mind isn’t it.
We headed back to the pod with high hopes of the children sleeping!! Ha ha ha ha
Sam was excited and Oliver was overtired. Oh dear!! Not a good combination. We tried making it darker in the pod by hanging a towel on the window and a blanket over the doors. Eventually Sam gave in but not Oliver!!
I left him with Ali as I headed up to the showers. The shower is a press button one and it needed to be pressed a couple of times for the water to come at a decent temperature but the pressure was good.


Back at the pod, I snuggled into the comfy bed with Oliver whilst Ali headed off to the shower. Oliver eventually gave in to sleep and we transferred him into his cot where he thankfully stayed all night.
The bed was a full double bed and the mattress was really comfy. It kind of felt naughty sleeping in a bed but technically camping!!
After a good night’s sleep for us all, we got up, although rather early due to the sunlight. If you don’t want an early start I recommend a black out blind for the door.


 We had breakfast and then headed out into the campsite to explore. We found the swimming pool which the boys had all to themselves and thoroughly enjoyed going between the baby pool and the main pool.
We then headed to the games room, where there are a lots of computer games, a snooker table and a soft area for the under six’s. Both my boys really enjoyed the soft play area. There were lots of things to amuse both Sam and Oliver and it was a good place for them to play before we got back in the car and headed home. Just wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the local area.




Would I glamp again? Definitely!! I really enjoyed it. It was a fab experience.
Would I visit Andrewshayes again? Absolutely!! I have already suggested to my parents that they should stay at the campsite as it is perfect for them to have a look around the area. However, I may suggest they rent the caravan with a hot tub.
Disclosure: In renturn for this review I recieved a nights accomodation in pod G19 at Andrewhayes Campsite. The words and opinions however are all my own.

2 comments:

  1. Those glamping pods are so cute!! I love the cute little window by the bed. It looks like it was a good time.

    -Sarah @ momwifewine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a fab time thanks and we are desperate to return.

    ReplyDelete

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...